I find stories fascinating. I could easily spend all day listening to them and sharing them. Getting to do so in my career is an honor.
During college, I began to have an interest in career advising and after attending graduate school and working in career advising more broadly, I decided to specialize in health professions advising. Through positions at Johns Hopkins University and Franklin & Marshall College, I helped thousands of students and alumni gain admission to medical, dental, vet, and other health professions schools.
In the case of my book, I distilled my years of experience into a guide to assist people interested in becoming physicians navigate the many phases of the process of getting accepted to medical school. Advice on how people can share their story both on the written application and during the interview is a central part of the book.
More recently, I have been helping people tell their stories in other ways. It was my pleasure to assist Jane Morgan Barry with the publication of her memoir, Against My Father’s Will.
I also continue to write stories myself and am currently working on several short and longer pieces.
A Brief Overview of My Background
(for further details, visit my LinkedIn page)
I have worked with the following organizations either as a full-time employee or on a contract/project basis:
- Colleges/Universities – Franklin & Marshall College, Johns Hopkins University, Brandeis University, Swarthmore College, The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania
- Medical Associations – American College of Physicians
- Nonprofit Organizations – Wings for Success, Longwood Gardens
– Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude from Smith College; Phi Beta Kappa
– Master of Science in Education from University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education